For any 4th grade boys registered and interested in participating in a 4th grade boys travel team:
1. Evaluations will be held this Saturday (10/25) from 6:00-7:30 at Triton Middle School. Please note that "Triton Is Haunted" is also occurring at this time, so the parking lot will be busy. The gym entrance must be used.
2. As with all our travel tryouts, these evaluations are closed to parents.
3. We would like to hold a brief parents' meeting in the gym lobby at 5:50 (players will be able to warm up on the Middle School court at this time).
4. Unlike other grades, TYB only fields a travel team at this level if the players are far enough along in their fundamental development as we do not wish to compromise the timely development of basic basketball skills.
All on Saturday, October 25th at Triton High School:
5th: 4:30 - 5:45
6th: Players registering for travel separately notified regarding tryouts
1. Players must tryout to be considered for a travel team. We recognize that other fall sports are ongoing and have done our best to minimize conflicts, but realize that some exist. In order to conduct a fair tryout process, we do need all candidates at the same tryout. If there is an exceptional reason why the player cannot make the tryout at the noted time, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Tryouts are closed to parents. Players may be dropped off and picked up in the Gym Lobby. Please arrive 10 minutes before the tryout time to ensure that the player is properly checked-in.
3. Only those players trying out for a girls travel team need to attend these sessions.
4. Registration for girls travel closes this Friday, October 17th.
All Evaluations will be held on Tuesday, October 28th, at Newbury Elementary School:
Girls: 5:30 - 6:30
Boys: 6:45 - 8:00
Please arrive five minutes early to register.
Evaluations are integral to the success of our third and fourth grade program as we use this opportunity to assess the players to create balanced, competitive teams. Please make every effort to participate in evaluations.
Parents are welcome to stay in the bleachers during the third and fourth grade evaluation process.
A quick reminder for all those interested in playing Triton Youth Basketball this winter - registration (and payment) deadlines are fast approaching.
Boys Travel: Registration closes October 10, 2014 (Tryouts on 10/18)
Girls Travel: Registration closes October 17, 2014 (Tryouts on 10/25)
Instructional and TYBA: Registration closes October 24, 2014
Note that we will not be able to accommodate "walk-in" registrations on the day of the travel tryouts.
Only those interested in trying out for a travel team need to attend the 10/18 and 10/25 tryouts. 3/4 evaluations will be held at a later date to be announced and no evaluations are needed for those that want to participate in the TYBA.
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the 2014/2015 winter season. All registration and payment should be done through our website at www.tritonyouthbasketball.com (there is a “Register Online” button on the left hand side of the page).
Fees. Though we have been able to keep fees flat over the last few years, our increased operating costs have required fees to increase this year to $155 per child (with a $50 discount on the third or fourth player from each family). The additional cost for those making a travel team, required on account of additional league registration fees, additional referee costs, and uniforms, will be $125 per player.
3/4 Players. We will again offer separate boys and girls development leagues for players in the 3rd and 4th grade. This league will emphasize skills/drills development with weekly games as well. We will also expand the season-ending tournament and include more games with “patched” referees. All participants in the 3/4 league will attend an evaluation session that will be used to place players on relatively equal teams.
TYBA. Non-travel players in grades 5-8 will be placed on a TYBA team which will participate in either a “College” division (grades 5/6) or a “Pro” division (grades 7/8). Rosters will be determined following the selection of the travel teams. We are looking to greatly enhance the TYBA program this year with more tournaments, including an end-of-the-season tournament in each division with awards for the victors. Champions, an “MVP” in each league and “all-stars” will also be noted on the TYB website in perpetuity. We are also looking into upgraded basketball jerseys for the TYBA players and will explore an end-of-the year “champions” tournament with the champions of other local programs.
Tryouts/Travel Teams. We will be offering only one travel team in each grade for boys in grades 4-8 and girls in grades 5-8. Tryouts will be on October 18th for the boys and October 25th for the girls. Attendance at a tryout is required for those interested in playing on a travel team. We understand that there may be some inevitable conflicts with other fall sports, so we wanted to advise as to the date as far in advance as possible so that arrangements could be made. Times are TBD. Registration for travel will close on October 10th for boys and on October 18th for girls.
Middle School Teams. We understand that Triton Middle School will again be offering the opportunity to participate in after-school travel basketball teams for boys and girls. The Middle School season typically runs from tryouts in early December through final games the second week of February and all practices/games have been Monday-Thursday immediately after school. We encourage all 7th and 8th grade players to consider the Middle School teams in addition to the TYB offerings. Those that played in both programs last year really made big developments over the course of the season. Once the Middle School season begins, we will attempt to be sensitive to “over-scheduling” players that are participating in both the Middle School and TYB programs.
Coaches. TYB is an all-volunteer organization that gladly welcomes parents that are interested in coaching. If you have an interest in coaching your player’s team, please be sure to indicate so on the registration. Head coaches for all of our travel teams have already been selected. Assistant travel coaches will be determined by the head coach after the team rosters are assigned.
Basketballs. We strongly encourage that each player in TYB have their own ball to bring to practice (and use at home). Size 28.5 for all girls and for all players in the 3/4 league. Size 29.5 for all boys in grades 5-8. Unlike last year, we will not be providing a “cage” of basketballs at each location. If this is a financial hardship for any players, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents’ Meeting / Questions. We are looking to schedule a parents meeting during the third week of September. In the interim, please email any questions to email@example.com.